Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shells Up...




Here is another card set that I made my sister-in-law for Christmas.  She LOVES turtles, so I went with it...  I made a gateway card (my first ever).  I stepped out of the normal A2 card "box" and opened a whole new door...thanks to the Martha Stewart Score Board!  I can't believe that I haven't made one before...it was a whole new challenge!  Okay...so you start with a piece of paper that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches and you score it (while laying it horizontally on your board) at 2 1/8 x 6 3/8.  That is all there is to it...and you DON'T have to have a score board to do it, you can purchase a score blade that will fit into your paper trimmer and do it that way!  It still comes out the same way!  I then proceeded to cut out all my pieces for my turtle and my scalloped circle.  I inked the edges and taped it down.  Now, here is the tricky part...if you can call it that...you have to tape the circle down on the TOP FLAP ONLY...if you don't, you won't be able to open the card!!!   I used my SCAL software to cut this turtle out...Cricut "Create a Critter" also has a really cute turtle!  Better yet, you can use anything you want to and then stamp a greeting and you are all done!  I added a couple rhinestones for some bling :) and also stamped an envelope to (somewhat) match!  Enjoy, and remember it is always homemade!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men