Saturday, February 18, 2012

Her True Colors...




It's okay if you thought I wasn't going to make it this week with my weekly checklist! I didn't either. I just completed my scrapbook layout for the week this afternoon during my kids' nap time. I am cutting the deadline close, but, at least I made it. It has been a long week for our family! We only had dinner together twice this week. My son had a stomach bug on Monday and still wasn't up to par on Tuesday. We had several things going on this week and we were just really busy. We were gone from the house every day except Monday and Tuesday but those days were spent washing "sick" laundry and keeping a healthy child away from the sick one! Amazingly, none of the rest of us got sick! My son is much better now and back to his normal self. Anyway...back to the layout...

This is a layout that features my daughter within her first month of life. Yes, she was already a drama queen...we knew we were going to have some trouble on our hands! I mean, seriously, look at those expressions she is making!! This is a 12x12 layout for my daughter's First Year album. I cut the large flower out using my SCAL software and then cut the pictures out (using my Creative Memories cutting system) to fit on the petals. I cut the baby face and bow out using the Cricut cartridge "New Arrival". I used "Peachy Keen" paper doll face stamps for the baby face and proceeded to color in the eyes and tongue with markers. I used a border punch and ribbon to make the border on the bottom of the page. The extra petal of the flower will be where I journal the events involving the pictures. The title words were cut out with my SCAL software. I then stamped the words "her", "shining", and "through" using a small stamp set I purchased at Walmart for only 99 cents! They actually have several fonts to choose from and I need to pick up another one one day when I am in there. They work great and I have never had any problems with them. They are perfect for quick titles like this one. Similar sets are about 5 to 10 dollars elsewhere, so this is obviously a great deal!

I hope you enjoyed the layout! Now, go work on your next layout! Have a great evening and remember it is always homemade!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men