Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby Love



Again, I got this idea out of the Paper Crafts 365 Cards Magazine. Mine is a little different but the same general layout. I basically took the circle cut-out idea and ran with it. This is a 4 1/2x4 1/2 size card and the inside square is about 4x4 with the circle cut out of the center. I took a Martha Stewart stamp set that had this plaid ring in it and used that to measure the circle diecut. You basically just diecut the circle out and then stamp around the edges. Then you can add the heart if you would like...I just thought it needed something else and the heart worked very nicely! I then took my new stamp set, as seen below, and stamped a baby figure out and colored it in with my watercolor pencils and blending pen. I use these a good bit of the time and love them! It is totally worth the money, especially for coloring in images that you stamp. I think the pencils range around the $15 mark (which you can use your 40% off coupon on) and the blending pen is around $2.99, which you can also use your coupon on...so, it winds up a very cheap buy for watercolors.

In the pictures below, you can see the stamp set that I used. I was so psyched when I saw this set at Hobby Lobby! It is the same idea as the Stampin UP! set called "All In The Family", but MUCH cheaper. You don't have quite as many options and they are smaller stamps, but for what I plan on using it for, it is perfect!! Normal price for this set is $9.99, which is a steal already but using your coupon for 40% off makes the deal even sweeter...which is of course what I did! I have used it only this once so far but I know I will use it more! I was so excited when I saw it!



A little closer...




Have a great day and remember, it is always homemade!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men