Saturday, March 24, 2012

You Can...CAN!



I had fun reminiscing while doing this layout. My husband and I canned all by ourselves for the first time two summers ago. Both of our mothers canned many different things throughout the years and we grew up watching them tackle this adventure flawlessly. My mom canned so many green beans every summer that we never had to buy them in the store...and we ate A LOT of green beans each year...so that tells you how much she canned. She canned chicken, beef, black-eyed peas, crowder peas...and what she couldn't can, she froze! She has the most packed freezer I have ever seen and the fullest (is this a word?) pie safe of canned goods you could ever imagine....but anyway...I degress...you get the point.

So, last night I went to working on this layout...it was a little different in my mind, but still turned out cute.  Here we are canning green beans and blueberry jelly.  I got the title from a book that my mother gave me for Christmas this past year.  It is an "all about canning" book entitled...You Can Can!.  How cute, huh???  Anyway....hope you enjoy the layout. 

Next Week:  A few cute cards to show up next week for sure, along with a possible sewing project or two!  My birthday was this past Wednesday and I bought a new sewing machine today with my birthday money!  I am about to get it out of the box and play a little bit!  Woot Woot!  So excited!  I bought a few yards of fabric on Friday for some dress patterns for my little girl!  So can't wait to use it!

Have a great day and remember, it is always homemade!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men