Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cricut Expression Dust Cover





I have been wanting to make one of these dust covers for a LOOOONNNNGGG time!  I dust my Cricut off all the time!  I have seen so many that people have bought or made.  I can sew but I can't just make a pattern up real well...but, I just found a blog that gave you a link to a pattern already made for you!  I was so excited.  Below is the link to the Custom Crops website and you can click on the pattern and watch the videos on how to assemble.

http://www.customcrops.com/article_info.php?articles_id=160

My first one was the aqua colored one you see above.  I was so excited I found the pattern that I just HAD to make one that day!!  So, I went through the fabric that I have and this piece was the only piece that I had leftover that was the right size for the pattern...so, I went to work.  It only took me 20 minutes to cut and sew this together!  Seriously!!!  Well, this is not the fabric that I would have chosen but it actually looks pretty good with my 2 sets of drawers that I have in my craft area. 

Now that I had practiced, I decided to make one for my friend's birthday which was on Tuesday.  It was just as easy (if not easier) the second time around.  This time, I thought I would get brave and monogram it with an applique for her.  Her first name starts with "E" so, I cute out an "E" on my Cricut in a matching fabric and appliqued it right up!  This is my FIRST applique ever!  I think it turned out pretty good.  It's not perfect, but it is so cute!!!  Cutting out fabric on the Cricut may have to be a post all its own one day soon.  It is so easy.  I will give you a heads up if you want to know how to do that now...go on http://www.youtube.com/ and search "How to cut fabric with your Cricut"....you will get MANY videos on how to do this!  It is great and opens up more possiblities with your Cricut!

Anyway...I hope you have fun creating a Cricut cover for yourself or someone else.  Custom Crops also has a pattern for the smaller Cricut if you have that size.  I had so much fun doing these, I am sure I will make another one day.  I like the monogram applique so much that I might have to put one on mine now!!  Remember, it doesn't have to be difficult, it just has to be homemade!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men