Monday, January 9, 2012

Nuts About You!



Okay...Here is the card for the week.  It was inspired by an idea in the Paper Crafts "365 Cards" Special Issue.  It is on page 25 of the magazine in the "Valentine" genre.  The color in the magazine is all white paper, with inked edges.  The sentiment is "nuts about you" and instead of acorns it is actully hardware nuts glued onto the bottom paper.  Here's my little soap box for the day...let's get real, people, hardware nuts are way too HEAVY for reality.  Sometimes I think that the creations in magazines/online, etc.., get too creative and not practical.  It would cost a fortune to mail a card with hardware nuts!!! 

Anyway...enough of that, on to the card directions.  My card opens to the right side...I cut a white piece of cardstock 11 x 4 1/4 and folded it in half with a bone folder.  (If you don't have a bone folder you NEED one!  You can buy one at Hobby Lobby for under $4, especially if you use a coupon.)  Then you dicut a heart out of a red (or any color you prefer) piece of paper and then cut it down to 4 x 5 1/4.  I positioned my heart into the bottom right hand corner but you can position it wherever you want to on the front of the card. I also rounded my corners but that is just my preference! 

When you have both pieces of paper cut to the size you need as well as the heart cut out, you lay the red paper on top of the white card where you want it to be positioned.  Trace the heart very lightly, with a pencil, onto the card front.  Remove the red paper and this is what your white card should look like:




Next, what you want to do is stamp the acorns inside and around the heart shape that you have traced.  Remember that you will only be able to see the heart shape when you attach the red paper later.  It should look something like this:


Next, you need to stamp your sentiment onto the red paper and add any embellishments that you want to put on the front of the card.  Then, you put some pop dots on the back of the red paper and adhere it to the front of the card with the heart right over the stamped area.  You are done!  Wasn't that easy??? 

Another option, instead of using the acorns, is to adhere strips of ribbon diagonally onto the heart area and then you have a multicolored heart underneath and you can just simply stamp "I Love You" as the sentiment. Be creative! 

Hope you enjoyed this card!  I send cards in my husband's luggage when he travels out of town...I think I will keep this one for him!  This would be a very cute Valentine card as well!  Have fun and remember, simple is perfect and always homemade!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men