Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pink Stamper Blog Hop Project



If you don't follow "My Pink Stamper" at http://www.mypinkstamper.com/, then you need to put this website on your favorites RIGHT NOW!  If they were to award a Cricut Queen, it would be her!!  Her name is Robyn and she has some great ideas, many projects, countless videos...etc!  She is always giving away cartridges, Cricuts and stamps from her own stamp line.  All you have to do is leave a comment on her posts and you are in the drawing.  I think about once a month or so (I am not sure of the frequency for sure), she has a blog hop that includes about 15-20 fellow designers.  There is a theme for each "Blog Hop" and each person does their own craft using the Cricut and the given theme.  It is a great way to get your juices flowing and I like to look at all the ideas they come up with.  Everything is different but is still revolving around the theme somehow.  Anyway, I have done the Blog Hop but never the challenge.  I usually don't have time on the weekend to even think about making something new...but, this week, I needed to make a card for my son to send to a little boy here in town that is fighting cancer, so, that is my project for the challenge.  Her challenge was to make something for yourself or that you would give someone to welcome a fresh start of the new year.  She says, pretty much everything goes!  So, that is what I have done today...made a card for us to send to someone who needs a lift.


Here is what I started with and I think I actually used it all!  Sometimes I will cut pieces out but in the end they don't fit like I thought they would, so, I throw them away...  I cut out the pirate and all his "pieces" as well as a piece of off-white paper for the card base.  It is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  I inked the edges of the card, the treasure box, the map and his body.  To add the hook on the pirate's hand you must cut off his fingers so that you don't see them...FYI!  I then ran most of the pieces through my xyron machine and started to assemble the card front.  I needed space at the top for the "Get Well" stamp, so I placed the pirate and his treasure on the bottom part of the card. 

Another thing that I do is I use face stamps instead of the cut out face on the cartridge.  I cut out the "blackout" body and stamp the face on later.  Peachy King Stamps (www.peachykeenstamps.com) sells all kinds of different face stamps for the Paper Dolls and they have other ideas on how to use them on their website.  I bought the basic face set.  It has 6 different expressions in 5 different sizes as well as one big size for the larger size dolls.  I definitely recommend this stamp set if you use the paper doll cartridges a lot!  It was one of my best purchases!  It is roughly $25 for the set...worth every penny!



I didn't have room on the front of the card for the map, so I put it on the inside and colored in the "X" with a red pen.  Also, the inside of the card reads,  "...because I need help hunting treasure!"  You can make up any line that will make the sick child smile!  Have fun and remember, it is always homemade!!!!  Enjoy the coming week.  Happy Crafting!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men