Wednesday, January 4, 2012

For Scrabble Lovers...Or Not



This is the first scheduled project for the year!  My first card of the year, of this week, and of my proposed schedule!  I will post a scrapbook page layout later in the week (which I need to start working on!). 

Even though we are not Scrabble "lovers" I thought this card was so cute.  I saw it in Paper Crafts' special edition magazine, "365 Cards".  I had to order it online but it was totally worth it!!!  It has so many cute layouts for cards for every occasion throughout the year.  This card was on page 49.  I'm not sure exactly what they did for the lines behind the letters, but I scored the lines horizontally and vertically and then inked them lightly.  You could also draw very light lines behind the letter tiles.  It turned out really cute.  For the letter tiles, I drew the letters on 1x1 inch pieces of paper with a brown colored pencil.  It turned out so cute.  I think next time I will make the tiles a little bit smaller but other than that, it turned out great!  My sister and her husband are big Scrabble players and she was here this past weekend, so I gave it to her to send in her husbands lunch one day!  Enjoy and remember that it is always homemade!!

0 comments:

Followers

 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Blog Templates created by Web Hosting Men